Nomad Furniture - Ranch Platform Bed
Ranch Style Platform Bed
- This Low Profile Headboard is a beautiful contemporary design
- These dowels are 1/2" in diameter, and in 25 years no dowel has ever broken.
- NEW: Cot size available. Mattress size: 30x75
- Frame height measures 12” from the floor to the top of slats with 10.5 under bed clearance.
- The Standard width of the side rails measures 3.2"
- Premium Upgrade side rails measures 5.75" wide (see photo below)
- Our Superior Slat System is made from un-finished, un-sanded, Furniture grade, Poplar hardwood.
- Slats measure 2” wide and are spaced 3.25” apart. Custom slat spacing available see below.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All frames come Finished with Danish Oil. IF you want unfinished, let us know by linking to the "Add a Note" on the Cart Page where you review your order before payment. Click on: "Add a note" and a comments box will appear.
- The connecting hardware is internal giving you a clean, finished line
- Available in hardwoods: Oak, Hard Maple
- The Standard Headboard fits 7-9" Mattress
- Depth measurement from the top of Slats to top of side rail is 1.75"
- Custom options and fees listed below, call 800-778-2998 to place your special order.
- Standard Delivery time 4 weeks
- $45 Double Rush 7-business days, $24 Rush 10-business days, contact us at 800-778-2998 to rush your order.
- Matching Under Bed Storage Drawers Available
- Matching Bedside Tables Available
Premium Upgrade - Ranch Style
These side rails and footboards are wider, measuring 5.75". This Ranch Style bed frame is at the same height as the Standard.
- Red Oak, Hard Maple
- Side Rails and Footboards are both 5.75"
- The wider rails add Strength
Custom Options Available: To customize your order Call 800-778-2998
Slat Set Options
The standard frame comes with furniture grade poplar wood slats spaced 3” apart. You may desire extra support. One option is the Premium Slats Upgrade spaced 1.58” apart, or the you can purchase Filler Slats spaced .5” apart. Extra slats are often recommended for Latex and Foam mattresses.
Premium Slat Set
- Twin and Cot $38
- Full and Queen $54
- King/ Cal King $68
Filler Slat Set
- Twin and Cot $78
- Full & Queen $105
- King & Cal King $128
Standard frames come with headboard gaps to accommodate mattresses measuring 7-9”. If you have a thicker mattress, you can increase the gap between the slats and the bottom of the headboard. If you have a box spring you will need to choose the 10" gap. Please do measure the gap you need.
- Standard 7"-9" $0
- 3” gap for mattresses 9-12” thick. $30
- 7” Gap for mattresses 13-15” thick. $38
- 10” Gap for mattresses 16-9” thick. $45
Bed Height Options
The standard platform height is 12”, with a 10.5” under bed clearance.
- 3” higher $30
- Subtract 4” $30
- Subtract 7” $30
- Twin and Cot $50
- Full $50
- Queen $50
- King & Cal K $65
The Full and Queen Sized frames are built with center support rails. The King and Cal-King frames have two center rails. Y-leg supports can be purchased for $15 each.
Ranch Style Platform Bed Dimensions
- Twin Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for twin Mattress (39 x 75)
- Boxed weight 50 pounds
- Twin XL Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for Twin XL Mattress (39 x 80)
- Cot Outside Dimensions
- Width 32.5" Length 78.5" Headboard 28"
- Made for Cot Mattress (30x75)
- Full Outside Dimensions
- Width 56.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Full Mattress (54 x 75)
- Boxed weight 65 pounds
- Queen Outside Dimensions
- Width 62.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Queen Mattress (60 x 80)
- Boxed weight 65 pounds
- King Outside Dimensions
- Width 78.5 Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a King Mattress (76 x 80)
- Boxed weight 85 pounds
- Cal King Outside Dimensions
- Width 74.5” Length 87.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Cal King Mattress (72 x 84)
Assembling Your Bed
The tools you need are pretty straight ahead. You will need a #2 Phillips Screw Driver and a rubber mallet OR regular hammer. You are provided the tapping block. The internal connectors for the side rails and headboard are called shoulder screws, and these create a snug fit when tapped lightly into place.
About Our Furniture Making Process
Your Ranch Style Platform Bed Frames is designed and made by Nomad Furniture. Each frame is made to order, since your platform bed is customized in four different woods, in different sizes, with different head and foot boards and are made for different mattress thicknesses.
Hardwood is a natural product that can vary in color, grain and texture. We do our best to match the wood in each part of the bed. Unseen parts like the slats and the inside of the rails, may have small defects.
What to remember when ordering our furniture
All our frames come knocked down and the headboard is not preassembled. This frame can be assembled between 30-45 minutes. The assembly process is fun but care must be taken and the project cannot be rushed. We have received many letters from young people to the elderly telling us that they not only assembled their bed successfully but how much they loved the process and appreciated Nomad Furniture’s quality workmanship.Examine your box and frame when you receive it
We take care in packaging the parts carefully so that no damage occurs during shipping. We have shipped many boxes over the years and rarely have there been any problems. We care that nothing goes wrong with our shipments.
When FedEx delivers your boxes, look for any unusual damage to the box. If there is damage to the box, take pictures before you open it. Then, open the box and look at the parts. If you see any damage, take pictures before removing from box.
What if there are damaged parts?
In the rare occasion if a part is damaged, call us and email us with pictures of the damage as soon as possible. If we agree there is damage that is our fault we will replace or repair parts immediately. If the damage is caused by the shipper, we need to have evidence to make a claim. In NO case should you return the bed without authorization. If a bed is returned you will be responsible for all shipping costs plus the cost of any parts damaged in shipping.