Nomad Furniture - Rainbow Platform Bed
Rainbow Platform Bed is eloquently designed with its curved headboard.
- Frame height measures 12” from the floor to the top of slats
- The Standard width of the side rails measures 3.25"
- Premium Upgrade side rails measures 5.75" wide
- Our Superior Slat System is made from un-finished, un-sanded, Furniture grade, Poplar hardwood.
- Slats measure 2” wide and are spaced 3.25” apart. 15 slats per slat set.
- The connecting hardware is internal giving you a clean, finished line
- Available in hardwoods: Red Oak, Hard Maple
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All frames come Finished with Danish Oil. IF you want unfinished, let us know by linking to the "Add a Note" on the Cart Page where you review your order before payment. Click on: "Add a note" and a comments box will appear.
- NEW: Cot size available
- The Standard Headboard fits 7-9" Mattress
- Depth measurement from the top of Slats to top of side rail is 1.75"
- Other custom options available: see below.
- FREE shipping
- Standard time 4 weeks + shipping
- Rush Orders available. $45 Double Rush 7-business days, $24 Rush 10-business days
- Matching Under Bed Storage Drawers Available
- Matching Bedside Tables Available
- The side rails and footboards are wider, measuring 5.75".
- The wider rails add Strength
- Red Oak or Hard Maple
- There is a very small amount of water based Non-Toxic glue used in the construction of the frame.
- Not available in King
Custom Options Available: To customize your order, Call us at 800-778-2998
Slat Set Options
The standard frame comes with furniture grade poplar wood slats spaced 3” apart. You may desire extra support. One option is the Premium Slats Upgrade spaced 1.58” apart, or the you can purchase Filler Slats spaced .5” apart. Extra slats are often recommended for Latex and Foam mattresses.
Premium Slat Set
- Twin and Cot $38
- Full and Queen $54
- Twin and Cot $78
- Full and Queen $105
Headboard Gap Options
Standard frames come with headboard gaps to accommodate mattresses measuring 7-9”. If you have a thicker mattress, you can increase the gap between the slats and the bottom of the headboard. If you have a box spring you will need to choose the 10" gap. Please do measure the gap you need. SPECIAL NOTE: If you select BOTH the added mattress gap of 7" or 10" AND the extra Bed Height, you MUST also choose the Premium Upgrade with the wider side rails in order to maintain the strength and durability of the frame.
- Standard 7"-9" $0
- 3” gap for mattresses 9-12” thick. $30
- 7” Gap for mattresses 13-15” thick. $38
- 10” Gap for mattresses 16-9” thick. $45
Bed Height Options
- 3” higher $30
- Subtract 4” $30
- Subtract 7” $30
- Twin and Cot $50
- Full $65
- Queen $65
The Full and Queen Sized frames are built with center support rails. Y-leg supports can be purchased for $15 each.
Rainbow Style Platform Bed Dimensions
- Twin Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for twin Mattress (39 x 75)
- Boxed weight 50 pounds
- Cot Outside Dimensions
- Width 32.5" Length 78.5" Headboard 35"
- Made for Cot Mattress (30x75)
- Twin XL Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for Twin XL Mattress (39 x 80)
- Full Outside Dimensions
- Width 56.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for a Full Mattress (54 x 75)
- Boxed weight 65 pounds
- Queen Outside Dimensions
- Width 62.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for a Queen Mattress (60 x 80)
- Boxed weight 65 pounds
To Assemble Your New Platform Bed
A #2 Phillips Screw Driver and a rubber mallet OR regular hammer are tools you will need. The bed is constructed with shoulder screws. For a snug fit, the side rails and headboard are tapped lightly into place. You are provided a wood tapping block to use with your hammer so you don't mar the wood.
You will have written directions to follow in your package. Do familiarize yourself with all the parts by first laying out all the pieces, then follow the step-by-step basic assembly instructions.
For pictures of the Assembly Instructions: http://nomadfurniture.com/bed-assembly-gallery/
Our furniture making process
This Rainbow Platform Bed Frame is made in Albuquerque, NM at Dave Cady's Nomad Furniture. Each bed is made to order. It is not pulled off a shelf already boxed because each frame is made specifically for you reflecting the wood, size and custom options you desire.
Note: Keep in mind that wood is a natural product which can vary in color, grain and texture. Nomad Furniture does their best to match the wood and grain for a handsome finished look. Unseen pieces of lumber, like the slats or inside of the side rails, may have small defects that will not show or effect the function of the bed.
What to remember when ordering our furniture
This frame is not pre-assembled. The frames are what is called knocked down frames. They are designed to ship easily via FedEx in boxes right to your door. They truly are easy to assemble. Assembly time will vary of course, but generally speaking, any frame can be assembled in 15 to 45 minutes.
Upon receiving your Bedroom Furniture
Your frame is tightly and carefully packed with a great deal of care so that damage does not happen during shipping. Rarely have there been any problems. It is in our, and your, best interest to make sure nothing goes wrong in transport.
As soon as your get your order, examine the box for any damage. If there is any damage to the box take pictures before opening up the box. Then, open the box and take a look at the parts. Notice if there are any damaged parts and take pictures before removing them from the box. We rarely have any damage to our beds as they are packed with years and years of experience.
If there are damaged parts
In the very rare occasion, if a piece is damaged call us as soon as possible and email us with pictures of the damage. If we agree there is damage that is our fault we will replace the parts. If the damage is the result of the shipper we will need to have evidence to make a claim. In no case should you return the bed without authorization. If a bed is returned the buyer will be responsible for all shipping costs plus the cost of any parts damaged in shipping.
We guarantee all of our products to be free of defects in materials or craftsmanship. During the first 60 days most problems will be evident. Call us for return instructions and we will pay the freight. After 60 days of normal use, simply return any part that is defective and we will repair or replace it at no cost for the parts to the original owner for 5 years. Freight charges after 60 days are not included in this warranty.