Nomad Furniture - Placitas Platform Bed
Placitas Platform Bed Frames captures the spirit of the Southwest
It's simple lines and textured sunburst carving enlivens any bedroom. The carving is available highlighted in blue or finished in Danish oil or unfinished to match rest of your frame.
Our matching 20" x 24" x 16" high Bedroom Night Stand further enhances your Southwest decor. Your Placitas platform bed frame and table are available in Red Oak or Hard. As with all of Nomad's furniture there is no exposed hardware and it is easy to assemble. All frames are finished with Danish Oil unless otherwise specified on the Cart Page. Each frame comes with furniture grade poplar hardwood slats; other filler slat options are also available by request.
- Standard side rails measure 3.25" wide
- Premium Upgrade side rails measure 5.75" wide
- The Frame stands 12” from floor to top of bed slats
- Slat Set made from durable, unfinished & un-sanded, furniture grade Poplar Wood
- Slat specifications are 2” wide and are spaced 3.25” apart
- Standard Headboard fits 7-9" mattress
- Depth measurement from the top of Slats to top of side rail is 1.75"
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All frames come Finished with Danish Oil. IF you want unfinished, let us know by linking to the "Add a Note" on the Cart Page where you review your order before payment. Click on: "Add a note" and a comments box will appear.
- ALSO NOTE: Your Placitas Frame's decorative carving will come in natural, the same color as the chosen wood, UNLESS you tell us you want it in BLUE as shown in the picture. On the Cart page, where you review your order, link to the "Add a Note". When you click on "Add a note", a box will appear where you can write: Blue please.
- Internal hardware is used to connect the side rails to the legs, no exposed hardware
- Available hardwoods: Oak or Maple
- Custom options and fees are available. See Below. Contact us at 800-778-2998 to order.
- Standard Delivery time 4 weeks
- Rush Orders: $45 Double Rush 7- business days, $24 Rush 10-business days. Call 800-778-2998 to order.
- Built to last!
- Matching Under Bed Storage Drawers available
- Matching Bedside Tables Available
- Choose from Oak and Maple
- Wider side rails adds Strength and gives you clean lines
- Side Rails and Footboards Both Measure 5.75" vs. the 3.25" on the standard frame
- Poplar wood slat set
- Frame stands 12" from the floor to the top of the slats
- There is a very small amount of water based Non-Toxic glue used in the construction of the frame. If you need a frame made without any glue at all, screws can be used for a small up-charge.
Custom Options Available: To customize your frame order, please Call 800-778-2998Slat Set Options
- Twin $38
- Full and Queen $54
- King & Cal King $68
Filler Slat Set
- Twin $78
- Full & Queen $105
- King & Cal King $128
Standard frames come with headboard gaps to accommodate mattresses measuring 7-9”. If you have a thicker mattress, you can increase the gap between the slats and the bottom of the headboard. If you have a box spring you will need to choose the 10" gap. Please do measure the gap you need.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you select BOTH the added mattress gap of 7" or 10" AND the extra Bed Height, you MUST also choose the Premium Upgrade with the wider side rails in order to maintain the strength and durability of the frame.
- Standard 7"-9" $0
- 3” gap for mattresses 9-12” thick. $30
- 7” Gap for mattresses 13-15” thick. $38
- 10” Gap for mattresses 16-9” thick. $45
You can opt for a 3” higher frame giving you a 15” height and a 13.5" under bed clearance. You can also lower your frame to 8” or 5” with respective under the side rail height of 6.5” or 3.5”
- 3” higher $30
- Subtract 4” $30
- Subtract 7” $30
- Twin $50
- Full $50
- Queen $50
- King & Cal King $65
The Full and Queen Sized frames are built with center support rails. The King and Cal-King frames have two center rails. Y-leg supports can be purchased for $15 each.
Placitas Platform Bed Sizes
- Twin Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for twin Mattress (39x75)
- Boxed Weight 50 lbs.
- Twin XL Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for Twin XL Mattress (39x80)
- Full Outside Dimensions
- Width 56.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Full Mattress (54x75)
- Boxed weight 60 lbs.
- Queen Outside Dimensions
- Width 62.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Queen Mattress (60x80)
- Boxed weight 70 lbs.
- King Outside Dimensions
- Width 78.5 Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a King Mattress (76x80)
- Boxed weight 80lbs.
- Cal King Outside Dimensions
- Width 74.5” Length 87.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Cal King Mattress (72x84)
To Assemble Your Platform Bed
A #2 Phillips Screw Driver and a rubber mallet OR regular hammer are all the tools you will need. The bed is constructed with internal shoulder screws. For a snug fit, the side rails and headboard are tapped lightly into place. You are provided a wood tapping block to use with your hammer so you don't mar the wood.
You will have written directions to follow in your package. Do familiarize yourself with all the parts by first laying out all the pieces, then follow the step-by-step basic assembly instructions.
Our Furniture Making Process
Your Placitas Bed Frame is made by Dave Cady's Nomad Furniture in Albuquerque, NM. Each frame is made to order, since each frame is available in four different hardwoods, different sizes, different headboards and for different mattress thicknesses.
Hardwood is a natural product that can vary in color, grain and texture. Nomad Furniture does a great job in matching the exposed wood as best as possible. Unseen parts like the slats and inside pieces may have small defects. This does not effect the function of the bed.
When ordering your platform bed frame
Our furniture does not come assembled. These are knocked down frames that are easy to ship and assemble. It is fun to put one of our platform beds together. The Placitas Frame can be assembled in about 30 minutes or less.
Upon receiving your Platform Bed
Much care is taken to package your frame so that no damage will occur during shipping. Rarely have there been any problems. It is in your best interest to make sure that everything goes right with the shipments.
As soon as FedEx delivers your boxes, do examine the box for any unusual damage. If there is damage, take pictures before opening the box. Then, open the box and take a look at the parts. Look and see if there are any damaged parts and take pictures before removing the parts from the box. Damage is quite rare, but photos are the best way to communicate with us.
If there are damaged parts
In the rare occasion if there is damage, call us as soon as possible and email us with pictures of the damage. If it is our fault, we will replace or repair the parts quickly. If the damage is the result of the shipper we need evidence to make a claim. PLEASE do not return the bed without authorization. If a bed is returned without authorization, you will be responsible for all shipping costs plus the cost of any parts damaged in shipping.
We guarantee all of our products to be free of defects in materials or craftsmanship. During the first 60 days most problems will be evident. Call us for return instructions and we will pay the freight. After 60 days of normal use, simply return any part that is defective and we will repair or replace it at no cost for the parts to the original owner for 5 years. Freight charges after 60 days are not included in this warranty.