Nomad Furniture - Placitas Platform Bed
We believe we have the lowest prices on the internet.
Honesty and Integrity Built into every frame
FREE SHIPPING & CUSTOM OPTIONS AVAILABLE
Capture the Spirit of the Southwest with Your Solid Wood Placitas Platform Bed Frame
It's simple lines and textured sunburst carving enlivens any bedroom. The carving is available highlighted in blue or finished in Danish oil or unfinished to match rest of your frame.
Our matching 20" x 24" x 16" high Bedroom Night Stand further enhances your Southwest decor. Your Placitas platform bed frame and table are available in Red Oak or Hard. As with all of Nomad's furniture there is no exposed hardware and it is easy to assemble. All frames are finished with Danish Oil unless otherwise specified on the Cart Page. Each frame comes with furniture grade poplar hardwood slats; other filler slat options are also available by request.
- Standard side rails measure 3.25" wide
- Premium Upgrade side rails measure 5.75" wide
- The Frame stands 12” from floor to top of bed slats
- Slat Set made from durable, unfinished & un-sanded, furniture grade Poplar Wood
- Slat specifications are 2” wide and are spaced 3.25” apart
- Standard Headboard fits 7-9" mattress
- Fantastic for Your Latex Mattress, Futon or Conventional Mattress
- Depth measurement from the top of Slats to top of side rail is 1.75"
- IMPORTANT NOTE #1 : All frames come Finished with Danish Oil. IF you want unfinished, let us know by linking to the "Add a Note" on the Cart Page where you review your order before payment. Click on: "Add a note" and a comments box will appear.
- ALSO NOTE #2: Your Placitas Frame's decorative carving will come in natural, the same color as the chosen wood, UNLESS you tell us you want it in BLUE as shown in the picture. On the Cart page, where you review your order, link to the "Add a Note". When you click on "Add a note", a box will appear where you can write: Blue please.
- Internal hardware is used to connect the side rails to the legs, no exposed hardware
- Available hardwoods: Oak or Maple
- Custom options and fees are available. See Below. Contact us at 800-778-2998 to order.
- Standard Delivery time 4 weeks
- Rush Orders: $45 Double Rush 7- business days, $24 Rush 10-business days. Call 800-778-2998 to order.
- Built to last!
- Matching Under Bed Storage Drawers available
- Matching Bedside Tables Available
- Our Frames Don't Wobble: https://www.northernnaturals.com/blogs/news/our-platform-bed-frames-dont-wobble-and-heres-why
- Choose from Oak and Maple
- Wider side rails adds Strength and gives you clean lines
- Side Rails and Footboards Both Measure 5.75" vs. the 3.25" on the standard frame
- Poplar wood slat set
- Frame stands 12" from the floor to the top of the slats
- There is a very small amount of water based Non-Toxic glue used in the construction of the frame. If you need a frame made without any glue at all, screws can be used for a small up-charge.
Custom Options Below:
To customize your frame order, please Call 800-778-2998Slat Set Options
- Twin $38
- Full and Queen $54
- King & Cal King $68
Filler Slat Set
- Twin $78
- Full & Queen $105
- King & Cal King $128
Standard frames come with headboard gaps to accommodate mattresses measuring 7-9”. If you have a thicker mattress, you can increase the gap between the slats and the bottom of the headboard. If you have a box spring you will need to choose the 10" gap. Please do measure the gap you need.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you select BOTH the added mattress gap of 7" or 10" AND the extra Bed Height, you MUST also choose the Premium Upgrade with the wider side rails in order to maintain the strength and durability of the frame.
- Standard 7"-9" $0
- 3” gap for mattresses 9-12” thick. $30
- 7” Gap for mattresses 13-15” thick. $38
- 10” Gap for mattresses 16-9” thick. $45
You can opt for a 3” higher frame giving you a 15” height and a 13.5" under bed clearance. You can also lower your frame to 8” or 5” with respective under the side rail height of 6.5” or 3.5”
- 3” higher $30
- Subtract 4” $30
- Subtract 7” $30
- Twin $50
- Full $50
- Queen $50
- King & Cal King $65
The Full and Queen Sized frames are built with center support rails. The King and Cal-King frames have two center rails. Y-leg supports can be purchased for $15 each.
Placitas Platform Bed Sizes
- Twin Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for twin Mattress (39x75)
- Boxed Weight 50 lbs.
- Twin XL Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for Twin XL Mattress (39x80)
- Full Outside Dimensions
- Width 56.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Full Mattress (54x75)
- Boxed weight 60 lbs.
- Queen Outside Dimensions
- Width 62.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Queen Mattress (60x80)
- Boxed weight 70 lbs.
- King Outside Dimensions
- Width 78.5 Length 83.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a King Mattress (76x80)
- Boxed weight 80lbs.
- Cal King Outside Dimensions
- Width 74.5” Length 87.5” Headboard 28”
- Made for a Cal King Mattress (72x84)
To Assemble Your Platform Bed
A #2 Phillips Screw Driver and a rubber mallet OR regular hammer are all the tools you will need. The bed is constructed with internal shoulder screws. For a snug fit, the side rails and headboard are tapped lightly into place. You are provided a wood tapping block to use with your hammer so you don't mar the wood.
You will have written directions to follow in your package. Do familiarize yourself with all the parts by first laying out all the pieces, then follow the step-by-step basic assembly instructions.
Our Furniture Making Process
Your Placitas Bed Frame is made by Dave Cady's Nomad Furniture in Albuquerque, NM. Each frame is made to order, since each frame is available in four different hardwoods, different sizes, different headboards and for different mattress thicknesses.
Hardwood is a natural product that can vary in color, grain and texture. Nomad Furniture does a great job in matching the exposed wood as best as possible. Unseen parts like the slats and inside pieces may have small defects. This does not effect the function of the bed.
When ordering your platform bed frame
Our furniture does not come assembled. These are knocked down frames that are easy to ship and assemble. It is fun to put one of our platform beds together. The Placitas Frame can be assembled in about 30 minutes or less.
Upon receiving your Platform Bed
Much care is taken to package your frame so that no damage will occur during shipping. Rarely have there been any problems. It is in your best interest to make sure that everything goes right with the shipments.
As soon as FedEx delivers your boxes, do examine the box for any unusual damage. If there is damage, take pictures before opening the box. Then, open the box and take a look at the parts. Look and see if there are any damaged parts and take pictures before removing the parts from the box. Damage is quite rare, but photos are the best way to communicate with us.
If there are damaged parts
In the rare occasion if there is damage, call us as soon as possible and email us with pictures of the damage. If it is our fault, we will replace or repair the parts quickly. If the damage is the result of the shipper we need evidence to make a claim. PLEASE do not return the bed without authorization. If a bed is returned without authorization, you will be responsible for all shipping costs plus the cost of any parts damaged in shipping.
We guarantee all of our products to be free of defects in materials or craftsmanship. During the first 60 days most problems will be evident. Call us for return instructions and we will pay the freight. After 60 days of normal use, simply return any part that is defective and we will repair or replace it at no cost for the parts to the original owner for 5 years. Freight charges after 60 days are not included in this warranty.
Why Our Frames Don’t Teeter
What makes these frames so robust and long lasting?
Our Solid Wood Platform Bed Frames crafted by Nomad Furniture in Albuquerque, New Mexico are impeccably constructed to make sure that you received a frame that won’t wobble.
Shoulder Screw Construction They are fabricated to ensure that the crosspiece side rails that attach to the legs are snug and secure. This is done with internal components called shoulder screw connectors.
Each crosspiece is fitted with an imbedded steel harness that coordinates to fit over the shoulder screws on each leg. The rail is pushed down over the screws and tapped down gently with a mallet.
The frame is tight and snug. The steel shoulder screw joint, connecting the rails to the legs, is fixed and rigid. This is one substantial component that provides the fact this frame that will not wobble. These are no external screws, bolts or nails used to affix the rails to the legs. The solid and beautiful aesthetics of each frame unquestionably adds to the appearance of any bedroom.
True Craftsmanship since 1982 Another component to receiving a frame that does not wobble is the fact that each leg and each side rail and headboard is flawlessly measured, so that there are no mistakes. Faulty engineering can be the down all, essentially, to receiving a sturdy frame.
Hardwood Construction Using hardwoods of Oak and Maple guarantees a long-lasting frame that can last for generations. There is NO low-cost material used in these frames. That means that there is no laminate, particleboard or low-grade plywood in these frames. Softer woods like pine can dent and bruise effortlessly. Hardwoods are more resistant to every day wear and tear.
Hardwoods withstand warping, cupping, marring, abrasion, wear and moisture. This sentence says a lot! Hardwood furniture is far above all other wood out there, even more so when used as a bed frame. You don’t wan that frame to keel over in the middle of the night.
The Slat Set Another aspect of receiving a bed that won’t wobble is that you are held up on a frame that has furniture grade poplar slats. Poplar is a hardwood that is far strong than pine or laminated slats. Having a significant slat set is vital in order to transfer the weight of the mattress and you evenly around the foundation. When shopping, don’t forget to ask about the material used for the slats.
A vital part of the construction is that each Full, Queen, King and Cal King is constructed with a centerboard. The Full and Queen have one, and the King and Cal King have two. Talk about strong! You are aptly supported underneath it where it is vital. When the foundation is strong, you can be assured that your bed will not collapse.
In Summary Our Nomad Furniture Platform Bed Frames are made with the highest integrity. They have a superb reputation as an exacting and ethical business. This integrity is reflected in each piece of furniture that leaves the warehouse. What you get is a piece of furniture that is perfectly designed to last and last for years to come. The next generation may actually inherit one of these pieces.
Using Oak and Maple Hardwoods guarantees that they will be more resistant to everyday wear and tear.
The shoulder screw construction creates a frame that fits snugly and tightly together to minimize any wobble in the frame.
A superior slat set made from furniture grade poplar is affirmation you that you have solid foundation beneath you.
The end product is a frame that is well designed for both form and functionality. You get a lovely piece of furniture that enhance any bedroom.