Nomad Furniture - Full Moon
We love this design. Living in New Mexico, one often sees the full moon rise in all its glory over the mesa top. This frame gracefully captures the essence of this celestial event. Frame shown here in Oak.
- Standard Full Moon Frame comes with 3.25" wide side rails.
- Side Rails on the Premium Upgrade are 5.75" wide. See photo below.
- The Frame stands 12” from floor to top of bed slats. Under Bed clearance 10.5".
- Slat Set is made from durable, unfinished & un-sanded, furniture grade Poplar Wood
- Standard Slats are 2” wide and spaced 3.2” apart
- Standard Headboard fits 7-9" mattress. Larger Headboard Gaps Options for deeper Mattresses Available. See Below for pricing.
- Depth measurement from the top of Slats to top of side rail is 1.75"
- IMPORTANT NOTE: All frames are Finished with Danish Oil. IF you want unfinished, let us know by linking to the "Add a Note" on the Cart Page where you review your order before payment. Click on "Add a note" and a comments box will appear.
- NEW: Cot Sizes Available.
- Internal hardware connects side rails to the legs
- Available hardwoods: Oak, Maple
- Custom options available. Fees & options below. Call us at 800-778-2998 to custom order
- Standard Delivery time 4 weeks + shipping.
- Rush Orders available. $45 Double Rush one week, $24 Rush 10-business days. To rush your order call 800-778-2998
- Matching Under Bed Storage Drawers are also available
- Matching Bedside Tables available
Premium Upgrade - Full Moon
A Full Moon Premium Upgrade gives you wider side rails that are all at the same height for a stronger frame and cleaner look.
- Choose from Oak or Maple
- Side Rails and Footboards Both Measure 5 3/4" vs. the 3 1/4" on the standard frame
- Furniture Grade Poplar wood slat set
- Frame stands 12" from the floor to the top of the slats
- Wider side rails adds Strength & Clean Design Lines
Custom Options Available Below:
For your Custom Order - Call 800-778-2998
Slat Set Options
The standard frame comes with furniture grade poplar wood slats spaced 3” apart. You may desire extra support. One option is the Premium Slats Upgrade spaced 1.58” apart, or the you can purchase Filler Slats spaced .5” apart. Extra slats are often recommended for Latex and Foam mattresses.
Premium Slat Set
- Twin and Cot $38
- Full and Queen $54
- King/ Cal King $68
Filler Slat Set
- Twin $78
- Full & Queen $105
- King & Cal King $128
Headboard Gap Options
Standard frames come with headboard gaps to accommodate mattresses measuring 7-9”. If you have a thicker mattress, you can increase the gap between the slats and the bottom of the headboard. If you have a box spring you will need to choose the 10" gap. Please do measure the gap you need.
SPECIAL NOTE: If you select BOTH the added mattress gap of 7" or 10" AND the extra Bed Height, you MUST also choose the Premium Upgrade with the wider side rails in order to maintain the strength and durability of the frame.
- Standard 7"-9" $0
- 3” gap for mattresses 9-12” thick. $30
- 7” Gap for mattresses 13-15” thick. $38
- 10” Gap for mattresses 16-9” thick. $45
Bed Height Options
You can opt for a 3” higher frame giving you a 15” height and a 13.5" under bed clearance. You can also lower your frame to 8” or 5” with respective under the side rail height of 6.5” or 3.5”
- 3” higher $30
- Subtract 4” $30
- Subtract 7” $30
You may want to add the 21" matching footboard.
1) For the Standard Frame: The footboard for the Full Moon frame is actually a Half Moon. The upper cross-piece has the same cut-out as the Full Moon headboard. The lower cross-piece is a straight piece. Dowels are located between the upper cross-piece and lower cross-piece except where the half-moon cut-out is located.
2) For the Premium Upgrade Frame: This Footboard will NOT include the dowels, just an open space between the top 5-3/4" crosspiece with the Half Moon and the 3-1/4" crosspiece.
- Twin and Cot $50
- Full $50
- Queen $50
- King & Cal K $65
Y-Leg Support $15 each
The Full and Queen Sized frames are built with center support rails. The King and Cal-King frames have two center rails. Y-legs for extra support can be purchased for $15 each.
- Twin Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for twin Mattress (39x75)
- Boxed Weight 50 lbs.
- Cot Outside Dimensions
- Width 32.5" Length 78.5" Headboard 35"
- Made for Cot Mattress (30x75)
- Twin XL Outside Dimensions
- Width 41.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for Twin XL Mattress (39x80)
- Full Outside Dimensions
- Width 56.5” Length 78.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for a Full Mattress (54x75)
- Boxed weight 60 lbs.
- Queen Outside Dimensions
- Width 62.5” Length 83.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for a Queen Mattress (60x80)
- Boxed weight 70 lbs.
- King Outside Dimensions
- Width 78.5 Length 83.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for a King Mattress (76x80)
- Boxed weight 80lbs.
- Cal King Outside Dimensions
- Width 74.5” Length 87.5” Headboard 35”
- Made for a Cal King Mattress (72x84)
A #2 Phillips Screw Driver and a rubber mallet OR regular hammer are tools you will need. The bed is constructed with shoulder screws. For a snug fit, the side rails and headboard are tapped lightly into place. You are provided a wood tapping block to use with your hammer so you don't mar the wood.
You will have written directions to follow in your package. Do familiarize yourself with all the parts by first laying out all the pieces, then follow the step-by-step basic assembly instructions.
Our Furniture Making Process
Your Mission Bed Frame is made by Nomad Furniture in Albuquerque, NM. Each frame is made to order, since each frame is available in four different hardwoods, different sizes, different headboards and for different mattress thicknesses.
When ordering your platform bed frame
Our furniture does not come assembled. These are knocked down frames that are easy to ship and to assemble. It is fun to put one of our platform beds together. The Mission Frame can be assembled within 30-45 minutes. The process cannot be rushed. We have received many letters from young people to the elderly telling us that they not only assembled their bed successfully but how much they loved the process and appreciated Nomad Furniture’s quality workmanship.
Hardwood is a natural product that can vary in color, grain and texture. Nomad Furniture does a great job in matchin the exposed wood as best as possible. Unseen parts like the slats and inside pieces may have small defects. This does not effect the function of the bed.
Upon receiving your Platform Bed
Much care is taken to package your frame so that no damage will occur during shipping. Rarely have there been any problems. It is in your best interest to make sure that everything goes right with the shipments.
As soon as FedEx delivers your boxes, do examine the box for any unusual damage. If there is damage, take pictures before opening the box. Then, open the box and take a look at the parts. Look and see if there are any damaged parts and take pictures before removing the parts from the box. Damage is quite rare, but photos are the best way to communicate with us.
If there are damaged parts
In the rare occasion if there is damage, call us as soon as possible and email us with pictures of the damage. If it is our fault, we will replace or repair the parts quickly. If the damage is the result of the shipper we need evidence to make a claim. PLEASE do not return the bed without authorization. If a bed is returned without authorization, you will be responsible for all shipping costs plus the cost of any parts damaged in shipping.
We guarantee all of our products to be free of defects in materials or craftsmanship. During the first 60 days most problems will be evident. Call us for return instructions and we will pay the freight. After 60 days of normal use, simply return any part that is defective and we will repair or replace it at no cost for the parts to the original owner for 5 years. Freight charges after 60 days are not included in this warranty.